Monday, March 25, 2019

Regulated Charity

It has never been about what "I" am willing to give to another human being in need. It is about government regulation/intervention. It is about citizens of this nation being forced to contribute to welfare programs, abortion clinics, etc. without their direct consent (under threat of property seizure, or imprisonment if taxes are not paid).  
Charity should never be regulated. It must come from the heart. It must come from the individual.  Government regulated charity promotes double animosity and greater division in this nation. 
First (and I generalize to express a point) the citizen is forced to contribute his/her property to an organization (the federal government) which they have little to no control of how it is spent. They may then become embittered to the fact that their property was taken from them and given to another. In their eyes, who is the government to say that this individual was more deserving than the other? They therefore receive no conscientious benefit for providing the funds to the welfare system (for good or for bad, they should have the choice to be charitable or not). 
Secondly, when they are given a genuine opportunity to contribute to a just cause they recall their embitterment and say "I have already given and it is enough". They therefore condemn themselves for the second time.
We the People established this nation explicitly so we could pursue a course of life according to the dictates of our OWN conscious. If I choose to ignore the suffering of another and fail to give of my substance, that is my choice. Should I choose to subscribe
to that doctrine while enjoying full freedom to regulate my own affairs and property, (without regulated charity imposed upon me) then God would hold me fully accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment